Monday, June 22, 2009

Mandy


So this was the very first wedding cake I ever made. It is a 4 tiered white cake with a chocolate bavarian cream filling and covered in a chocolate marshmallow fondant with chocolate buttercream underneath. The second and third tier are actually Styrofoam so that my mom didn't end up having tons of extra cake left over after the wedding.
I was surprised that Mandy let me do her cake considering I had never done a wedding cake before but I was very excited and learned a lot while making it. I did learn the importance of dutch process cocoa since my fondant wasn't quite as dark as we were hoping but it still looked really good. It is also the first time I put flowers onto a cake, that is was almost more nerveracking than making the cake. All in all I was pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: