Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers Day Cookies


I have wanted to venture into cookie decorating a bit more but can never really think of a reason to make that many cookies when it is just Justin and I that would eat them. So, since we teach a class of young kids in church I thought I would make them some cookies for their dads for Fathers Day, little did I know everyone would make cookies for the dads but oh well. They are just a basic sugar cookie hand cut into a tie pattern (I really need to get some cookie cutters or learn how to make my own) and decorated with royal icing. One thing I learned is no matter how fast I think things will go I am wrong, it will take a LOT longer. I stayed up till about 2am decorating these little things but I think they turned out really well and the cookies are super soft which is always a big plus. I did decide that the stripe pattern looked better than the supposed to be flowers turned dots so that is why there are more of those in the group pic. Sorry the bottom pic is sideways but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Jobi Niu said...

HEY!! IT was so good to hear from you. YOu're SOOO TALENTED! MY gosh. How are things going for you??