Monday, June 22, 2009

Amy


When my aunt Amy got married it was a pretty small affair for just close friends and family. They both had been married before and didn't want to spend a lot of money but still wanted a celebration for their family. I asked her if I could do her cake which would help us both out since I wanted to build up my portfolio a bit and I could do it cheaply for her. She didn't really have any requests as to what it should look like so I came up with a design using her colors of black and white. The cake was a 2 tier devils chocolate cake with a strawberry filling and a marshmallow fondant with buttercream underneath. The flowers were hand made roses and calla lilies out of gumpaste and painted with a glitter pearl dust and a little color was added with some other type of dust (I can't really remember what kind). I think the cake turned out really well but I still need to figure out how to make the middle where all the fondant pieces come together look a little nicer. For this cake I just covered that spot with flowers.

No comments: